We are having one of those perfect weather days. You could wear jeans and not be too hot or you could wear shorts or a skirt and not get cold. The outside is that perfect ambient temperature that we all try to get our homes and offices throughout the year. This is the temperature, I think to myself, that the Enterprise must keep it at so everyone is comfortable in those unitard uniforms. This is the temperature of the Elysian Fields while the young girls dance in a circle under flowering trees.
I love days like this. I love sleeping with the windows open and waking to the church bells ringing. Waking to the kitties cuddles around me purring in contentment. This is how everyday should begin. I have been trying to take some time to slow down smell the roses and write the words that are important to me. I am trying to find balance. I don’t think I will ever find it but I can get closer to a more healthy lifestyle. Then go, go, go, I’ll sleep when I am dead.
On that note I do have lots of work to do. I’m behind on my writing for last week. However the good news is that I am behind because I was working on other things. I don’t really stop working though I am trying to even my pace out.
I sit on my front porch sipping coffee out of my Halloween coffee cup and observe a white butterfly flutter by. My Monster trills at me from the window and I know, LIFE IS GOOD
Monday’s Inspiration Sugar Skulls and Day of the Dead.
Two sets of my friends are going to be getting married this year. Which reminds me that my wedding date to Rocky is approaching. November 1st 2013. I have plenty of time to plan and with a wedding on Day of the Dead of course I will be using it as inspiration for my wedding. Sylvia Ji is one of my Favorite artists I usually have her work as my desktop or screen saver.
I was thinking about guilty pleasures as of late and how you can learn something from peoples personalities by their guilty pleasure. A little nugget that you may never have thought of before. So today I am going to share with you my top 10 guilty pleasures. Guilty pleasures should be somthing that you may be embarresed about, or simply may seem unflattering. These are mine from least to worest.
1. Caffeine: Besides cheese, I will never give up caffeine. I have joked in the past about having a caffeine IV. There is no way I could get half the stuff done I do everyday with out it. I seriously consume excessive amounts of it.
2. Meat: I could never be a vegeterian. I always wanted to be and agree with many of the reason a person should become one. However I just can't do it. My body needs meat. If I don't get enough protein my body gets very very cranky. For me Meat is Good.
3. Sleep: I prefer to sleep during the day. My optimal wake up time is 12pm. If I have free time my favorite thing to do is take a nap. Or to lay in bed and cuddle with my cats (please see #6). When left to my own devices I sleep an ungodly amount.
4. Halloween/ Witch-y/ Skulls: I love anything Halloween related. Most especially , Skulls, Voodoo Dolls, and Witches. It can be anything from cheesy bordering on almost lame, to classical and elegant. Rocky and I will be having a Halloween Wedding. *Blows Raspberries*
5. Crime Drama TV shows: I really like Mysteries. From classic mysteries like Master Piece Theatre’s Rebbecca to the simple Who dun It? of the Alphabet soup shows like NCIS, CSI, CSINY. For a long time because of shows like “Perry Mason” and “Matlock”. I wanted to be a lawyer. Now I want to be more like Angela Lansbury in “Murder She Wrote.”
6. Cats and cat stuff:I love cats in the that I am going to grow up to being a crazy cat lady type way. Not just cats themselves but anything cat related. From Catwoman to Emily the Strange, I am flat out obsessed. It really not healthy and I really don’t care. Yes even though the Hallie Berry Catwoman movie was BAD. I still liked it. Yes I feel Catwoman hasn’t been done true justice since Julie Newmar.
7. Lingerie: This one shouldn’t really be a surprise. I am a burlesque performer. I refuse, REFUSE! To buy boring undies. I don’t own plain Cotton white briefs. Everything I own is lace, satin, or has some kind of design on it. On the outside I may be in sweats and a T-shirt, but I have sexy panties on. I don’t own any other kind.
8. “Scary Cheese”- My nickname for paranormal romance, urban fantasy, horror comedy. I love trashy romance novels but even better are trashy romance novels that deal with vampires, werewolves, etc, etc. Hell it doesn’t even have to be romance. Magical powers, Violence, Sex. Yes, Please. Hint: I’m a Huge Laural K Hamilton Fan.
9. Cloves Cigarettes: The smell, The taste, ... Divine! They are like a portable hookah. I can take one out have a moment just to myself and they are pure SIN. They are worse for you then regular cigarettes and with all my health problems I really shouldn’t be adding to them. In my defense I smoke them periodically and not everyday. When I do start to smoke them too often they lose their taste and I stop. If I can’t taste them whats the point?
10. Reality TV: I am gonna get a lot of groans on this one. Though this is guilty pleasures. I like the artistic shows, Hair, Make up, Tattoos, Fashion design and Creature building. Most of which are on Scyfy or Bravo. I also like some of the less appealing shows like “House Wives” and gasp “Kardashians.” PS I particularly like Khloe. I watch these for several reasons. I mine them for inspiration and in the more vapid shows the make me feel good about myself. They also can be mind numbing after a long day.
I have always been inspired by storms and fog. My mind takes me away to some far off place where one can get lost and transported to another realm. Where everyday is stormy and foggy and the Sun never shines. What would that place be like? Who would live there? What would happen if a young girl from our world were to travel to a place such as this?
* My sleep schedule has been all messed up. My body wants to do the opposite of what my schedule demands, it so contrary I tell you. Stupid Body.
* I get tunnel vision very bad. Its part of what makes me so successful because I have my eye on the “prize” and nothing can waver that, however as much as it is an asset it is also a fault. For I care about nothing except for what I am focused on. This includes taking care of myself.
I am the kind of artist that will go days without sleeping or eating because I am so focused on my projects that even my most basic needs are ignored. That’s where Rocky comes in. He feeds me, literally I will be in the middle of working and he will stick a plate in front of my face and say “Eat.” Because he knows I will go all day long with out even thinking about it because I will be so engrossed with what I am working on.
* My house is a mess. I don’t let anyone over ever because I don’t want them to see my place. Ten years ago I owned a 2,000 square foot house. Two stories with a basement for storage. I have been down grading space wise ever since. My apartment now is approximately 400 square feet. My close circle of Friends always see me giving stuff away I am always giving somebody something. We Americans have no idea how Rich we are. Eventually I will have less stuff and more space and will have a pretty place again. That doesn’t look like a Sparkle Fairy Vomited all over my House. Until then if you make it past my front door that is the highest compliment I can give you
* When I am 80 I want to be a cross between Betsy Johnson and Patricia Field. With Neon Pink Hair and 100 Cats (okay more like Less than 10 but you get the point).
Patricia Field Fashion Designer and Stylist for SATC (not a Cookie Maker)
* I want to be covered in tattoos but I want laser hair removal first.
* I have always been an Angelina Joli fan and could never stand Jenifer Aniston (she is so Boring)
* I have a new computer now. So I have no excuse not to blog more. Lets see if that happens.
After reading David Wraith’s blog post about the “2011 Year of the Haters” It got me thinking...
Anytime you put yourself out there, anytime you make a name for yourself, you are going to attract haters. It comes with the territory for every 5 or so people that love you there will be 1 that just doesn’t get, or can’t stand you. You can’t please everyone. Don’t waste your time trying.
The haters though a minority, are a vocal group and are motivated to get their message of hate out there. I.E. Tea Partyers It is easy to get wrapped up in their nonsense and at worst they serve as a distraction from the bigger picture. (whatever awesome thing they are hating on)
Many people respond differently to haters. However I LOVE them! That's Right I love the Haters! WHY??!!! You ask? Well, one of the biggest pitfalls of being a performer is being a Diva. No one wants to work with a Diva. No one wants to cater to some prima donna who thinks that everything is Beneath Them. This is why I love the Haters. Ok now I got you confused.
Let me explain.
I love the haters because I will never become that prima donna. How can I be a prima donna who thinks that I am better then everyone else when I have the haters voice in the back of my head singing my faults?
The other biggest pitfall is becoming complacent in your own work. A prima donna thinks that even at her worst she is still better then everyone else. So she doesn’t work as hard and she gets lazy. (BTW I am only using female pronouns because the term prima donna comes from Ballet as the Star Ballerina. However you can be a Male prima donna *blows raspberries*)
Prima Donna -Is now often used to describe someone arrogant, vain, or just plain bitchy. Diva and prima donna have become synonymous with a show-off or a bitch, regardless of whether or not the person in question is male or female. Thank You Urban Dictionary
I love the Haters because they motivate me to worker harder, longer & smarter. Nothing will ever be good enough for them and that motivates me. I like a Fight, I like a Challenge! So tell Me I Suck and I will show you how hard I can SUCK! (Trailer Hitch anyone?)
Haters are going to hate and Success is the sweetest revenge.
Thank You haters. THANK YOU!
I usually try to be a positive person but have you ever hated someone you never met? I was staying in a hotel once that had very thin walls and over the course of my stay I started calling the guy above me Thumper. By the end of my week stay I wanted to murder Thumper with my bare hands. It was the one thing that marred a perfect vacation. Don’t get me wrong I still had a blast but till this day I will always remember the douche-ness of Thumper. Thumper would wake up at 7am and would start blasting his music and then would proceed to shout over said music in what sounded like a combination of Sims and the Adults in Charlie Brown. When he and his lady friend would get it on we could hear the head board bang for about minute and half then a masculine grunt. Never a peep from her I always felt sorry for her. I never interacted with Thumper had no real desire to do so. Every little thing about this person from their voice to unusually loud stomping around like a plebe at boot camp just set my nerves on end. It wasn’t just that his behavior was rude. It was that simply he acted as if he lived in his own world and it revolved around him. Maybe my impressions of Thumper are wrong I certainly hope so. Whenever I run into some one who is really rude I can’t help but to think of Thumper and wonder if he ever learned to be considerate of others?